If you are looking for the similarities and differences between skylights and roof windows, this article will help!
A roof window allows natural light, increased ventilation and a view of clouds and stars into your home. Windows can be designed specifically to be a feature of the room. The greatest benefits of roof windows are they can be opened, customized and offer increased ventilation. In addition, these windows will offer a better view of the outdoors than any skylight will.
A skylight will open from the ceiling through the roof, allowing natural light to enter the home. This opening can be covered with a translucent and transparent material to release natural light into a room. If you are looking to maximize the amount of light in the home, installing skylights is the best way to go.
Roof Window Benefits
- Increased ventilation
- Great outdoor view
- Great source of sunlight in the home
- Ease of installation
- Good air flow
- Can be opened from the inside
- Can add to home’s value
Tubular Skylights Pros
- Save money on electricity
- Natural source of daylight without any added heat or glare
- Generally no repairs or maintenance needed
- Won’t fade furniture or clothing
- Save on installation costs compared to traditional skylights
- Eligible to receive federal tax credits which will lower installation costs
- No loss of cooling or heating energy
- Leak and damage proof design
- Will not build water condensation over time
- Built for extreme Arizona conditions and temperatures
- Preferred upgrade for realtors – will add to your home’s value
Skylight Installation In The East Valley
Elite Home Daylighting Systems offers tubular skylights and solar attic fan installation services to the entire Phoenix east valley. Service area includes Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Tempe & more! Contact us for a free quote today!