With the summer fast approaching, homeowners should use these 10 tips to lower their electric bill.
1. Solar Panel InstallationThis is THE best way to lower your electric bill. Solar panel installation has been proven to save home and business owners up to 75% on electricity. Installation of the solar panels, though, is costly, but federal and state tax credits can help ease the financial burden.
2. Block The Sun With BlindsWindow treatments or coverings can undoubtedly help save energy. Prevent your home from heating up under the hot summer sun by investing in either blinds or drapes. Blinds have been shown to reduce heat gain by 45%, with drapes reducing at a 33% rate.
3. Install A Solar Attic FanSolar attic fans are designed to circulate attic air, powered solely by the sun. Most heat that enters your home does so through the attic area. By installing a solar attic fan, you will be able to keep your home cooler and save money on electric bills.
4. Wi-Fi ThermostatsWi-Fi thermostats will help you control the temperature of your home no matter where you are. Simply use a mobile app or app on your computer to monitor and alter your home’s temperature. You’ll never have to worry about leaving the heater or air conditioner on again.
5. Go OutdoorsOne of the easiest ways to rack up savings on your electric bill is to simply spend more time outdoors. Needless to say, whenever you are out of your house, you will not be using energy to cool off. Leaving the house to turn off lighting, air-conditioning and other energy-consumers will greatly decrease your bills.
6. Install Tubular SkylightsAnother great way to lower your electric bill is by installing tubular skylights. Replacing any traditional skylights with tubular models will dramatically lower your bill, especially in Arizona. These skylights use natural light to brighten up your home or building. Read more about tubular skylights right here.
7. Natural VentilationEvery homeowner should take advantage of natural ventilation. This is especially true for homeowners who live in areas that feature cool nights and breezes. You can eliminate electricity usage altogether by cracking open windows to enjoy the cool outside air.
8. Turn Down Air ConditionerAccording to Alternative Energy, LLC, you can save 2-3% on your electric bill instantly by changing your thermostat to one degree warmer. Also make sure to change out your air conditioner filter at least once a month to keep the A/C working efficiently at all times.
9. Load ControllersLoad controllers will control the amount of electricity that is used during high cost kilowatt hours. Load controllers will basically shut off your appliances during the most expensive moments of the day. You are able to manually adjust the controls if you wish to run the electricity during hours when it is normally shut off.
10. Unplug Your DevicesWhenever you leave your house you need to make an effort to remember to unplug devices from outlets. This will help reduce costs by eliminating what’s referred to as “phantom” electricity consumed by chargers and standard power strips when they aren’t in use.
Solar Fan Installation In The East ValleyElite Home Daylighting Systems offers tubular skylights and solar attic fan installation services to the entire Phoenix east valley. Service area includes Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Tempe & more! Contact us for a free quote today!
More Articles About Solar Tubes
- Why Go Solar In Arizona?
- How To Remove A Skylight
- Best Skylight Ideas For Your Home
- Roof Window Vs Skylight
- Solar Attic Fan Installation Cost
- 5 Benefits Of Sunlight Through Windows
- How Much Does It Cost To Install A Skylight?
- Sun Tunnel Vs Skylight
- Skylight Dome Replacement Guide
- Skylights Replacement Cost
- Skylights Near Me In East Valley Phoenix
- How Long Do Skylights Last
- Do Solar Attic Fans Work
- How To Clean Skylights In 5 Steps
- Everything You Need To Know About Solar Fans
- How To Install Solar Attic Fan
- Skylights Vs Solar Tubes: Costs, Pros And Cons
- How Much Do Solar Tubes Cost?
- 6 Easy Ways To Lower Your Electric Bill In Arizona
- Solar Attic Fans Pros And Cons
- Tubular Skylights Pros And Cons